How Do I Know If I’m Pregnant?
It can be confusing to know for sure if you’re pregnant, especially if you have irregular periods. Even after taking an at-home pregnancy test, confirm your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test and ultrasound at our clinic. These services are both free and confidential.
When Should I Take A Pregnancy Test?
The Mayo Clinic shares that the best time to take a pregnancy test is at least one day after your missed period. A pregnancy test works to determine how much human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is in your urine. The longer you wait, the more time your body has to produce this hormone if you are pregnant.
Do I Need An Ultrasound?
Once you’ve confirmed your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test at our clinic, the next step is to receive an ultrasound.
To determine what options you have, an ultrasound is needed. It will reveal how far along you are, the viability, and the location of your pregnancy. Ultrasounds will alert you to any possible pregnancy complications, like ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.
What Are The Risks Of Abortion?
With any type of abortion procedure, there are serious physical risks to consider. A medical abortion, known as the abortion pill, comes with risks, including:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing unwanted pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Digestive system discomfort
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
With a surgical abortion come risks including:
- Damage to the womb or cervix
- Uterine perforation (accidentally putting a hole in the uterus with one of the instruments used)
- Excessive bleeding
- Infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the inside of the uterus
- Reaction to the medicines or anesthesia, such as problems breathing
- Not removing all of the tissue, requiring another procedure
How Much Will My Appointment Cost?
At Pathways Clinic, we offer our services and support at no cost to you and are completely confidential! Our compassionate and professional team is here to help you right where you are as you navigate each step of your pregnancy journey.